Hi, welcome to Flint the Time Detective Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Merlock Holmes page. If you need help, read through our help pages or contact a local admin. If there are no active admins here, stop by Community Central and check out our forums.
Looking for live help? Then join us for an upcoming webinar to chat with staff and other Wikia editors. You can also check our Staff blog to keep up-to-date with the latest news and events around Wikia. Lastly, check out the Wikia Video Library, where you can find premium licensed videos to add to the wiki.
All of these links are a great way to start exploring Wikia.
- In the future, please don't edit any templates without my consent. --Kid Sonic (talk) 17:09, May 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Right now, this wiki is still young and is still trying to grow its beard. I put the titles instead of the episode numbers because its easier to track down for the time being, at least until I start creating episode guide templates, just as I've done on another notable wiki. But that alone requires a lot of time and energy. I'm noticed that I've neglected this wiki, but I'm just here to bring a few things up to speed, so that when others start adding information from scratch, I won't have too much to sort out. Everything will have a section, instead of random facts placed on a single page. --Kid Sonic (talk) 16:55, May 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Since you know a little bite than me about the series, do you by any chance know:
- ¿something new?~~a friend~~
a favor Edit
- I've seen those 3 books on amazon. 2 are for sale, the 3rd is out of stock right now as far as I know. Since their fro Bro's comics and not Bombom comics, I'm not sure if their real or doujin (spelling?). I'm investigating them right now, I did order 1 copy of the first one but somethings gone wrong in the order and I can't fix it.
- I can only confirm for sure that the Bombom comic is the legit one. :-/ One-Winged Hawk (talk) 18:54, October 11, 2014 (UTC)
- I stand corrected, they may be legit after all.
- Without the copy of the 3rd one, research is limited regardless.
- This is always going to be the trouble with tackling old series... Especially as collectors often buy to keep and do not spread info the pages hold that are valuable to everyone one. The amazon descriptions are useless as well. :-/ One-Winged Hawk (talk) 19:52, October 11, 2014 (UTC)
- try yahoo of another asian online shop page~~a friend~~
- Been trying, I have parts 1 and 2 on their way, just part 3 escaping me. If you can link me to any other website (I know yahoo auctions as this is where I got my poster from), thats swell. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 10:41, October 15, 2014 (UTC)
- i don´t know other asian online shope page,but i hope you can do it,by the way ¿where the missing master images?~~a friend~~
- They appeared in merchandise (which from what I could tell might even have been the Dream Time Special), which makes it almost impossible now to track them down. I had a Japanese friend confirm they existed, as I asked when they are written on the Japanese wikipedia page. Unfortunately, I know not where the missing images can be obtained, he knew but wouldn't say as he said it was doubtful I'd find them. I see them once in a blue moon, metaphorically speaking, so I don't get the chance to ask questions very often.
- All I can do is hold on until they come up, if they turn up.
- If they do not turn up sooner or later I'll remove them as I don't like unsourced information sitting on a page. For the moment I'm focused on wrapping up the non-anime stuff. Just scanned all the promo concepts from my poster and added them today, as well as a few images from the manga. I don't always have time to work on wiki-editing anymore. :-/ One-Winged Hawk (talk) 12:12, October 20, 2014 (UTC)
- i can wait,after all just don't lose hope friend i have faith that you can do it.i have faith in you,beside maybey there some trading car game of flint and maybe they get the missing masters~~a friend~~
- There were some stickers up on yahoo auctions not so long ago, I wondered if they had them in. Sadly I did not win them. Its likely that this is the right path of thought, but its getting harder and harder, as I said, due to the age of the series.
- Even the Flint website is gone, although I can still access it thanks to the wayback machine. The wayback machine is a blessing! ^_^ One-Winged Hawk (talk) 21:44, October 22, 2014 (UTC)
- yeah dear,the wayback machine is awesome~~a friend~~
I'm hoping that I can resume editing this wikia undisturbed this week, I had to work on another wikia for a spell last week. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 08:21, November 10, 2014 (UTC)
you can do it friend,beside the more info we have about dorimon and a time shifter called haniwani(はにワニ),the better
- I cannot find an image of Dorimon, the special was such a limited thng that there doesn't appear to be any easy way of getting that infomation. Unles Haniwani was only mentioned, I also cannot find them to comment on them. I presume they are either, as I said only mentioned in text, or that they are in the books you showed me earlier. I am waiting for my own copies of those to arrive (their stuck in the christmas rush, I still don't have part 3 though) I am not able to press forward with a page related to them.
- I wish I had found this wikia sooner, writing about it now after the 15 years... Is really frustrating. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 15:33, November 10, 2014 (UTC)
- yeah i know that feel sis,we can only pray~~a friend~~
Primative Boy Genshi arrived and I have overhauling to do on the ENTIRE wikia. This IS the original version of the series and I have to redo a lot of things. >_<
So the true order of the series is;
- Primiative Boy Genshi
- Time-Space Detective Genshi - manga
- Time Space Detective Genshi - anime
One-Winged Hawk (talk) 19:28, November 17, 2014 (UTC)
at least,you can count with japanese internauts that know about this por the whole part 3 dilemma~~a friend~~
- I'm likely to break the pages up into the same format that the 5 Nights at Freddies wikia sets up its pages. They;ll be divided by series version. Its going to take a while to do and I have to check I can do it. I'm searching for part 3 rigorously... Book2 is like the start of the series getting interesting, so part 3 should have the most defining parts. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 22:47, November 17, 2014 (UTC)
My phonelne got fixed and I can edit again, so tomorrow I resume my overhaul. I gave up all wikia editing (I edit this and the Vocaloid wikia) due to the fact half my edits didn't get posted due to the dodgey phoneline. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 13:13, November 21, 2014 (UTC)
you can do it friend and make sure more people who are fans of this show help with this~~a friend~~
hi emily,how are you doing~~a friend~~
11 days until the release of V4. As soon as Vocalodi4 is out of the way, I'll fix up this wikia. I want this wikia done by the new year, at least sorting the base English -> Japanese and site navigation!
Sadly, I get only x amount of hours and need to be free until the date of V4 has arrived in case I have to lend a hand. I apologise and hope for everyone's patience. This week I'll put more scan images up in galleries. >_< One-Winged Hawk (talk) 20:18, December 6, 2014 (UTC)
- 7 more days and I'm free to re-focus on this wikia. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 12:22, December 10, 2014 (UTC)
- 4 more days! :-3 One-Winged Hawk (talk) 22:58, December 13, 2014 (UTC)
- After tomorrow I can get back tow ork on the wikia. have a lot of catching up to do, I have images I never uploaded because I was too busy. :-3 One-Winged Hawk (talk) 11:49, December 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Wrote some coding I need to upload tomorrow. Got a few images to tweak to make fit the size. Will upload tomorrow. This weekend, I'm going to try and do the English -> Japanese shift and make the entire wikia fit the Japanese version. As I explained, the reasons is for the confusion caused by the (now) 3 different versions of the series I'm working with. There isn't any other way I can tackle this. Its slowing me down having to work to the English version all the time because I have to stop and think about everything.
- Besides, a lot of the characters never had English names, therefore we're going to end up with a mix of Japanese and English versions. For formality reasons, this isn't ideal.
- I've tried tracking down a copy of vol.3, but there is no answers to this search and sooner or later I'm going to have to bring my search to a end. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 17:45, December 18, 2014 (UTC)
- don't stop that search,maybe you can get help for a japanese fan but better late than never~~a friend~~
- I can't write in Japanese. I can read it, but can't reply. And even then I struggle. This is why I want to see if I can get hold second copies to give to translators.
- If I can get a hold of a second copy of the bom bom comics promo manga, in the next year, I'll scan the pages and put it in front of a scanalation group. >_< One-Winged Hawk (talk) 10:41, December 19, 2014 (UTC)
- just wait and practice some japanese220.127.116.11 11:17, December 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Got other thigns to do here in the meantime. I'm doing a mage upload this evening and I'm trying ou a template that should tie the character pages together I split. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 12:21, December 19, 2014 (UTC)
- you can do it my pal and the more help the merrier18.104.22.168 14:09, December 19, 2014 (UTC)
I'm going to dedicate tomorrow to this wikia and complete my name change. I apologize but once again other wikia had to be seen to. In this case also the big boy wikipedia. I only dedicate a X amount fo time to wiki editing each day. But tomorrow, I'll focus on this and make every name the correct one. I apologize this seems to happen to me a lot with this wikia. I gave up editing the one piece wikia for much the same reasons.
I uploaded a bunch of images yesterday, I tried out the template but there is a bug... I know what I dd wrong though. >_< One-Winged Hawk (talk) 15:48, December 21, 2014 (UTC)
just don't give up pal and practice some japanese or something for more help~~a friend~~
- I'm currently waiting for my house to warm up before I begin. ^_^
¿does this counts as merchandising?
- Woke up to no central heating nd freezing conditions. XD One-Winged Hawk (talk) 13:31, December 22, 2014 (UTC)
- I know I haven't been around as much, but I feel as though I lost complete control over this wiki. Let's just cut to the chase. This is not a One Piece-type anime, this is a Pokemon-type anime. It should be treated like Pokemon. Pokemon always uses the English names, and there are no issues there. Half the time, in "mon" anime, people stick to the English names of these creatures, because they're too weird oe hard to pronounce. We can keep the Japanese names as secondary mentions, but let's at least ease people who have some memory of the English version (since more people remember this as a 90's show by Saban than a manga from Japan, which is even more underrated in both countries), instead of distancing them away with names and terms that they have no memory of. Long story short, keep the English Time Shifter name for familiarity sake. Kid Sonic (talk) 19:17, December 22, 2014 (UTC)
Getalong (LoveLove) Master?Edit
- Have you finished analyzing the manga or is there so much more to be revealed, such as more shifters or unseen Con and Master forms? --Kid Sonic (talk) 03:44, December 23, 2014 (UTC)
Just don´t give up,angel,because maybe in the future,vol 3 will be accessible to you and more friends will help you complete this wiki~~a friend~~
- Well I'm working on this wikia tomorrow. I tried to edit today but the voclaoid wikia demanded too much attention. I find I can only work on one wikia at a time due to lack of focus. I'm not going to reach the goal of having everything changed to Japanese by the new year.
- I can't always help this, I lost a lot of time today also because I went out shopping, there was no trains and I lost much time waiting for public transport to sort itself out. ¬_¬ One-Winged Hawk (talk) 22:39, December 29, 2014 (UTC)
- at least you've trying emily~~a friend~~
- Well later today I'll be working on the wikia, the vocaloid wikia is quieter today.
- I compared the image of Eldora master and the poster, there is a slight difference in that the poster version has more feathers on her head piece. So I need time to add this version to the wikia. Its in an awkward spot on the poster, so I have to figure out how to do that without damaging the poster. Its taken a few creases getting the images off I have done and I thought I was finished with it. Guess not. Won't be on for a while, I'm now going to just focus on Japanese names and giving Tony/Sarah pages aain (this will be my focus of today). One-Winged Hawk (talk) 09:59, December 30, 2014 (UTC)
- Wow so much progress today... I lost my computer to someone else wanting to borrow it for a while and not giving it back. >_< One-Winged Hawk (talk) 22:00, December 30, 2014 (UTC)
¿when you will return to work in the overhauling of this wikia?22.214.171.124 14:01, July 4, 2015 (UTC)a friend
- When ym internet becomes stable. I've been caught up with the Vocaloid wikia because of the newer engine release. I'm waiting for the 3 English vocals Ruby, Dex and Daina to be released and I'll be back to work. Hell, I dare not even make the scans of the manga copies I bought until this is over. When I tried to get to work a few months back, I ground to a stop.
- This basically happened to me when VOCALOID3 was released, and it caused me to get out of touch with the One Piece wikia because my attention was drawn. I'm sorry, but I usaully have time to focus only at 1 wikia at a time and I've been held up for a few months on the Vocaloid wikia. *sigh*. Its going to take an estimate 1 week to scan just 1 of the manga and I have 3 to do. I need a clear month to do it in when my attention is not fixed on V4... Its been a pain for me. This isn't the only wikia I'd like to do some work on, the Shining Force wikia is another I'm left tied up on.
- Its not that there is a lot of info or anything like that... Vocaloid is a franchise which can have information released at any time. Due to the fact not everyone in the fandom is bent on recording the information, I've found that if you don't rush to add it it gets left off. this means its a pain to go back and find it. Heck, last year someone found something on 2 of the original V1 engine vocals that was made in 2009/10 and nobody had known about.
- This is the problem with a subject that isn't like a anime or manga, you don't just go "I'll work on chapter 5 today", you're stuck never knowing when information is coming. Heck when I first editing 5 years ago I had no clue what I was trying to do to get that wikia into shape. I'd only worked with subjects that could easily be referenced by game, chapter or episode. >_< One-Winged Hawk (talk) 16:40, July 5, 2015 (UTC)
- ¿Where are you now,angel?~~a friend~~
Still around. I've been so busy. I've got the mangas still spare to scan but jut have had things on hold for months. I have, however, helped another person on DA find copies of the manga. Now issue 1 of the Bros. comic is off the shelf... Only the promo and vol2 can be bought. I taught them how to search for more Flint stuff though. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 13:44, November 16, 2015 (UTC)
i'am happy to hear you helping someone,and i hope you can restart your work in ecember or this month
- When I do restart I'll only focus on the manga and not the anime, someone else can do that. 30+ episode is sadly too much work. I'm just managing to keep up with the Vocaloid wikia these days. And due to internet problems for about 6 months, my wiki skills have waned. I'm now too sluggish and my advance kills have suffered. I'm after after the scans, I'll be unable to really crack on with work here.
- Still, if I can pull off the 3 manga this is enough, the anime is accessible and the manga is not. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 10:32, November 17, 2015 (UTC)
- at least,someone with knowlege about the japanese version of flint can help you with the anime126.96.36.199 12:24, November 19, 2015 (UTC) a friend
- Luckily the anime has already been translated, so you can find copies on it on the net with english subs.
- I'll give you an example of whats happening in Vocaloid right now and why I can't plan anything. The second most popular release the Kagamines just has had their boxarts unveiled randomly today. Thus the entire fandom is reacting. And this was pretty much out of the blue... So Everything I was going to do on that wikia at this point is now scraped while I wait for information to come out of the live stream. We knew we were getting info on their latest package, but not what.
- O top of it, two English vocals Dex and Daina are waiting for Yamaha to compress them for release. So that means they will get a sudden unplanned released when done (it happens all the time with English vocals). I gave up trying to get things done here because every time I do plan time, there is something coming up that draws my attention. Its annoying. When I was a One Piece wikia editor, because everything was well planned, regular and all I could plan things around it and pace myself. I knew every week there was a manga chapter and anime pretty much. Movies are announced months in advance so you can also plan them. Either way... Planning overhauls of pages and so forth was easier. As oppose to Vocaloid where I have to drop everything when major updates come out like today and focus on waiting for information, not being able to do much else but get annoyed. Basically, until tomorrow I'm stuck in limbo. =_= One-Winged Hawk (talk) 13:51, November 19, 2015 (UTC)
- good luck an you can recruit other people who's can help you hith the anime 188.8.131.52 14:09, November 20, 2015 (UTC)a friend
- maybey the stickers are the answer: 
Atsome point this week, I'm tackling the manga issue I prmised about a year ago.
Note I will not link anything here. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 22:47, January 24, 2016 (UTC)
- good luck and what with "note i will not link anything here" anyways,daijobu~~a friend ~~
- Linking to it would go against wikia policy. I can hand it out elsewhere but not here. The quality will be hard to predict, as 1: I've never scanned pages of manga before and 2: I'll have to leave the cleaning up to anyone who even wants to deal with the RAW. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 21:13, January 26, 2016 (UTC)
- good luck emily an this wikia need more help~~a friend~~
- Current plan is to begin the scan this weekend. the two days I set aside for it were lost going to the hospital. Thins got delayed just because of a hospitalization of someone close to me this last week. But nothing should happen this week, and finally a year later after I promised, the scans should be coming. I'm double checking scan sites in the meantime to check its not already there. If it exists already, I'd resell the spare copies of the manga to another fan. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 20:03, February 1, 2016 (UTC)
Started, but it took longer then I thought. I have a week occupied because my brother is visiting me. Listen, I'm going to take this to half way through the promo manga and use a upload service. If you want to get hold of this, let me know and I'll give you how. We will have to talk off wiki. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 19:55, February 15, 2016 (UTC)
Good luck emily,the link we're gona talk about it on deviantart~~a friend~~
- Well I'll let you know on tuesday,my brother goes home that day so I'll link you to the download then, it will be tuesday afternoon for me GTM. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 10:40, February 20, 2016 (UTC)
Web host issueEdit
So does anyone know a good web host to temp upload this to...? The one I choose rejected what I was uploading and I've not had time to deal with it. Everything is ready, I'm just held back by details.
I opened up the package to do the vol.1 manga and found the manga's still sealed in its original platic cover. So I have unplanned MINT vol.1 of the manga. It will not effect the scan as I have the first copy and I was using them to do the scans, but it was still a nice bonus. :-3
But vol.1 will be scanned in the next few weeks. Meanwhile, I need to sort this upload issue. Worst comes to worst I will do this via photobucket, but I don't really what to do that as it is too open. :-/ One-Winged Hawk (talk) 15:20, February 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Is this scan quality good enough?
- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/emfrbl/IMG_0005.jpg One-Winged Hawk (talk) 15:50, February 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Nice~~a friend~~
- ¿What's about the 2 manga versions of the dark lord(yomi G)?~~a friend~~
Hi angel ¿you can recruit people knowledgeable in flint the time detective? i can help with some merchardise~~a friend~~
Good luck my friend,i hope you can balance your life~~a friend~~
- I'm afriad my searches came to a dead end, so I've had to step out to help other wikias until I can change things. I still have the spare copies of the manga so they can be scanned, but I still need a scanning group... I won't do anything further with them until one is found. The worst bit is we're still missing vol.3 of the manga. Without it, a huge knowledge gap exists. For this wikia, vol.3 is the most important piece of information to be found, as it could contain anything from primarily ideas and concepts to original versions of Timeshifters or abandoned ones. :-/ One-Winged Hawk (talk) 10:17, March 6, 2017 (UTC)
- just don´t give up and search for more help meanwille you can help other wikias and ¿why not funding your own scanning group or make a announcement for recruiting people?~~a friend~~
- I couldn't afford one if I wanted. I thin the best thing would be to offer up the manga as exclusive to a group, rather then paying one, that way they would have access to it only. They may do it more likely if this is the case.One-Winged Hawk (talk) 16:07, March 6, 2017 (UTC)
- ¿how i or you can find scanning groups? and if not have luck,scann yourself and put those images on photobucket
- ~~a friend~~
The disc for music websites Edit
- Aye, thanks for that, sadly the music disc isn't all that useful and I've investigated it further already a few years back. The lyrics have been on the web too over time. Most of the music instrumental, being the BGM used for the series, so it is basically variations on similar tunes. There is a few lyric based songs on it, but they are able to be found on the web easily.
- I believe one of the tracks, for example, is about 0:18 long as its the eye-catcher music whenever the show went to a ad break. So I've given this a miss in general thus far. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 15:27, July 25, 2017 (UTC)
- at least some songs do e not have translated their lyrics and the BGM is ver underrated184.108.40.206 20:30, July 25, 2017 (UTC)
- I'll have to think about this one, the CDs are quite common, expensive to import and difficult to find a use for in contrast to manga or anime. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 22:15, July 25, 2017 (UTC)
- at least import lady please~~camila~~
- IT will have to wait.
- The difference with something like the stickers is they weren't so readily available, meaning to write about them I had to grab them when I could. For the Music CD I have to wait until I'm ready. Even if I import them now, I'm waiting for the stickers to make their long journey to me in the UK. They are coming from Japan, to the USA to the UK. :-( One-Winged Hawk (talk) 20:23, July 26, 2017 (UTC)
- Plus, bare in mind I'm limited in funds. ^_^' One-Winged Hawk (talk) 20:23, July 26, 2017 (UTC)
- priorities first,ladie the disc can wait220.127.116.11 00:45, July 27, 2017 (UTC)
- Believe me, funds or not, if something turns up like the vol.3 manga I'm on it. There have been odd things like a figurine that I have gone after over the years, simply because they aren't there to get. All of it I pour back into the wikia if I'm successful, if I have the chance. As I highlighted before, the main issue with this series is its dead... If I compare it to other series I've making rounds on these days, like Vampire Sphere, One Piece, Vocaloid, Chipspeech, Alter/ego, etc... These are all "living" series. I know it sounds weird, but its always been easier to edit a living series wikia then a dead one, simply because you get a steady flow of editors.
- I do have a challenge though for you to undertake. We really could do with a poll on the front page. I have no idea what kind of poll to put up here... Its got to be short and sweet. Any ideas? :-? One-Winged Hawk (talk) 05:44, July 27, 2017 (UTC)
- Yes. I'l have to find a way to link to this.
- Right now, the activate wiki based series are pulling me away from this again. I said before the biggest issue with this wikia is its based on a dead series, so on-going stories have higher demands. I should finish the stickers page though... I was hoping someone would take a look at the writing on the text side and make some translation related comment. I guess I had too much high hope though. :-/ One-Winged Hawk (talk) 17:25, September 25, 2017 (UTC)
- hope is the last thing you lose,trust me,hoping does do good~~camila~~
hey so not sure if you are who i need to contact but i have scans for the one volume series. I also have all 7 chapters translated but i need someone to TL check the names and stuff. Id love to find some help. please contact me at goldenrozescans AT gmail. or check out my site https://goldenrozescans.com/ I am also posting on other active users pages to see if i can get a response
something new angel?
I'm currently working with a wand scanner to see how things get, later this week I'll post an update, its really fiddily to use. I'm hoping this can help with the manga scans issue. One-Winged Hawk (talk) 15:27, June 26, 2018 (UTC)
happy new year18.104.22.168 15:18, January 7, 2019 (UTC)